TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I can do the conversion to any year cluster and this board
People Seeking Info

Subject I can do the conversion to any year cluster and this board

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on January 21, 2015 at 7:37 PM
  This message has been viewed 259 times.

In Reply To Gary, with this can you build your 200mph gauge posted by BoneZ (MD) on January 21, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Message does makes it a little easier. For the newer year gauges you have to use a signal converter like what was used to convert Greg's JDM cluster to read MPH. With this board you can easily insert the interface by removing jumpers and adding the interface.

The older (1990/91) gauges can be calibrated pretty easily without the need for major modifications. Don't listen to those writeups like the one you see on the Ausi website. Everytime I see that conversion I ask, "what the heck was tht guy thinking", lol.

As far as compatibility, you can use any year or type cluster in any year car but you may need to modify the type of connector at the harness and move pins around in the connectors. You may loose some indicator functionality too if the gauge cluster doesn't have an indicator or gauge you need.

As far as an analog boost gauge I think Patrick in Canada is the only one making something like that with his GRC gauges (which I no longer install BTW). IMO there was way to much modification needed to be done to make it worth it for me to do those installs. I guess I should post the mass of pictures I took while doing one of those conversions on my Facebook page. They might be of use to someone who wants to do it.

www.mytwinturbo.com

Nissan Data Voice - The first Nissan diagnostic software with a voice!

Nissan Data Voice on YouTube

Download my Nissan 300ZX Vin/Model Lookup.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.